Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Delay

Due to the two hour school delay this morning, I had time to pancakes for the kids. I used Hodgson Mills gluten free pancake mix.




They turned out really well. But, I did add about two tsp. of vanilla and some chocolate chips to give them a little extra something ;)


What goes well with pancakes on a SNOW delay... french press coffee(Thanks Geoff!)


Then, since Eleanor has the day off from work, I dragged her to a Biathlon class. It was a pretty good class, but I should have pushed myself harder on the running portions. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to take a Kettle & Pedal class or a full kettle class. We'll see.


We then had a quick stop at EG, off the Downtown mall. We found these bracelets made from recycled rubber by women in Djenné, Mali. They provide means of support for women and are sold to raise funds for L'Empire des Enfants, a school for homeless children in Dakar, Senegal. Of course, I purchase a couple...


Then, post workout Eleanor and I went out to lunch at Brixx at Barrack's Road. We had a Mediterranean salad that was ok, but not amazing.


Then, we ordered a caprese pizza with chicken, gluten free. Our first pizza came out RAW in the middle, so we asked for a do over! Our second one came out, and looked good but tasted like sweet gluten free pancake dough. It was disappointment. So, we each had a small piece and then left.


Still hungry, we walked over to Greenberry's to get a latte, and recover our spirits! It was the BEST latte I've had in awhile.


Then, after picking the kids up from school we came home and did a round of homework and french braiding...

For dinner tonight, I used Annie Chun's brown rice noodles to make a curry noodle dish with sesame toastedtofu and veggies. It was amazingly delcious, so much so that I might need to make some tomorrow for breakfast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment