Friday, January 28, 2011

O' What a Meal

Before going to 'secret' dinner with Dave tonight I took Luna for a walk- look at ALL this snow!

Sorry Luna- I know I'm going slow...



After the walk I came home and got ready for dinner! Then, Dave came home (YEAH!) and told me the surprise - Oleana!!!! I have always wanted to go!

It was the BEST meal I've had in Boston, and I've been here over seven years!! First off our waitress was super helpful about what I could and couldn't eat, and even spoke with Ana Sortun about piece of each dish JUST to make sure! Nothing is better than great customer service!!
Note: I felt a little weird taking my big camera so I had to use my iphone- sorry!
We started with a couple things from the Meze menu(I could eat it all!):

Hummus with Basturma & Tomato( it is suppose to come with pita but instead they gave me winter vegetable crudite!)
Spinach Falafel with Tahini, Yogurt, Beets & Crinkled Cress(I could eat this EVERYDAY- mind blowing)
Local Scallops with a parsnip base and sesame seeds(night special)













Then, Dave and I ordered one more plate each! Phew! We had to it was just too good!! His of course, was a main course: swordfish involtini with pine nuts-currant stuffing, romanesco & a chickpea pancake!



I ordered one more meze: Vermont quail with baharat, barberries and pistachios! The chef made a special switch with the pistachio to make sure I could have a little on my dish! Thank you!








THEN, if you can believe- we got DESSERT- the chocolate creme brulee with date terrine, rose petal jam & cocoa sherbert! It was breathtaking beautiful ...the picture does NOT do it justice! It was delish!!!



Then, to top it off our friend from the summer, David was bartending!~ Yeah!
If you live close to Boston, head to Oleana for an amazing meal, service, and atmosphere! I sound like a zagat review... ha!



0 comments:

Post a Comment